Tuesday 6 March 2012

Title Sequence Research

Title sequences can be essential in a trailer sequence as it allows the audience to understand a lot about the content of the film. 

Wikipedia define title sequence's as: “A title sequence is the method by which cinematic films or television programs present their title, key production and cast members, or both, utilizing conceptual visuals and sound. It usually follows but should not be confused with the opening credits, which are generally nothing more than a series of superimposed text.” This quote gives me a helpful insight into the sort of content that title sequences should include, there is a lot to chose from when selecting a title sequence and I must pick the most vital information to be presented in my title sequence in order for my audience to gain the right gratifications.  I think personally in terms of the genre and my trailer my target audience would appreciate some conceptual visuals at the end of my trailer to give it a hard hitting effect. 

I have found online a quote from Saul Bass who was born May 8th 1920 and was a filmmaker and he had a famous statement: "My initial thoughts about what a title can do was to set mood and the prime underlying core of the film’s story, to express the story in some metaphorical way. I saw the title as a way of conditioning the audience, so that when the film actually began, viewers would already have an emotional resonance with it." A lot of that quote has strong relevance to myself and I feel that now I am aiming to achieve a title sequence that intentionally creates a message which relates to Horror and Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment