Friday 30 March 2012

Magazine Screenshots


This is my original image for the cover of my magazine, the make up has been applied to my antagonist in order to create a realistic versmilitude and allow for my magazine to be alot more effective towards my audience.


 I cut out the image of my character in order to avoid having the background in the shot, I achieved this through the magic wand tool and refined the edge using feather, soft edge, radius, smooth and contrast. I aimed to have the left half of the face slightly darker to follow my flat plan.


In order to edit the face of the the character correctly I decided to make my own tool brush which could be applied to the face of my character to achieve exactly what I think my audience would like. I began by taking a small sample of a cracked concrete texture and then altered the 'levels' of the sample to make it darker and more effective.


This is the result of the color alteration as you can see it looks alot more effective and will help my character become a lot more associated with the horror genre.


I then rasterized the layer and allowed it to become a brush which I could then use on the face of the antagonist like any other brush used in Photoshop.


This is the result after using the brush and other Photoshop tools, as you can see the overall effect of the character has been dramatized and it now looks like a convincing Horror character.


 I also felt it was neccasary to fullfill the needs of my audiences and include many magazine common conventions which would assure my audiences recieve the messages intended and look at my magazine as an official promotion. The conventions I including were a feature badge, feature panel, barcode, issue date and price.



1 comment:

  1. Evidence of excellent work on shotlists, layouts, drafting, scripting or storyboarding, use of digital technology or ICT in the presentation and an excellent level of care in the presentation of the research and planning.

    ReplyDelete