Friday 30 March 2012

Free Sound



Free sound is a collaborative database online full of a range of sounds which have proved incredibly useful for my Media Trailer production, the site allowed me to create and account and download the sound I required for free which were completely accessible to anyone for the purpose of using them in school projects like the one I am currently partaking in. The website is run by the Music Technology Group. Being under the creative commons license allows the sounds I downloaded to be reused.

I found my particular sound clips by browsing through the website testing out a few clips and seeing if it fits the narrative and diegetic sound which is already in my footage. I received some of my better clips by  using keywords in the search bar such as 'tension' 'suspense' 'horror' 'thriller' and 'cinematic'. 

The following are file links to the sounds I am using in my current production of the Horror trailer.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/9432__thanvannispen__male-thijs-loud-scream.aiff - This is a male scream for the end of my trailer after an action shot.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/32731__herbertboland__heartbeatenhanced.wav - This is an enhanced heart beat so when there is a flow of fast moving sequences I can use this sound clip for dramatic effect.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/37575__cosmicd__iseetranclucentpeople.wav - This is a melodic tune which has a lot of components which make the music seem fearful, this music will be used as backing for the footage.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/43603__freqman__object-falls-5.wav - This is a object falling and crashing, I needed this to enhance the diegetic sound of the thud when the villain drops the axe, the current situation is there is to much ambient noise so I need this sound clip to make it heard.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/49704__ejfortin__kama-swipe-9.wav - This is the sound of a knife swipe when the production company 'slasher productions' appears in my trailer.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/65915__bristolstories__reverse-clang2-1.wav - This is a huge orchestral build up towards the climax in my trailer.

file:///Volumes/media/MediaStore2011/Ms%20Stott/A2/Greg%20Rundle/Footage/133659__klankbeeld__horror-ambience-12.wav - This is further tension build up to be played behind the original footage.


No comments:

Post a Comment