Friday 21 October 2011

How I Created My Character


My model in the hot seat at the salon waiting for his haircut


This was the initial stage of the making of my horror villain, here you can see my model shaving his hair completely off, to give me the best possible effect when doing the final stages of makeup and photography.


This was at the end of his haircut and my model was now ready for the next stage which involved an initial makeup stage, cleansing the face and preparing what I needed to give me the best possible results.

A shot of me applying the make up, first I created a dark layer around the face and then with various brushes and sponges I smoothed in some more effective colours.

Another Shot applying the dark layer


A blooper in the studio when getting the headshots

 Testing different lightings was important for me as it allowed me to figure out what angles and lighting would give the audience the best reaction and gratifications.

In this making of my villain I hope I have showed enough evidence of how much I enjoyed completing the transformation and I believe the result was a positive one.

1 comment:

  1. Greg this is excellent! Don't forgot to include your research into special effects and make up.

    ReplyDelete